Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Time to Celebrate

My Dearest Lilly,

Happy 1st Birthday Baby Girl.  As I sit her pondering what special gift it is I would like to share with you in celebration this year - the gift of my DREAM for you seems appropriate.  When I close my eyes and I imagine your place in this world I see so much hope.  In one short year you have continued to demonstrate your strength of character, temperament, physical strength, natural sense of humor, and your love for life.  You fought so hard to be here and you have not failed to maintain that gusto.  I have no doubt that you will use these attributes in a magnificent and world changing manner.

Love is who you are.  Never be afraid to share your love and love hard.  There are people who do not know how to love, how to embrace and open themselves to vulnerability that is love.  This is okay as I believe it is the responsibility of those who can love to teach others how to love and accept being loved.

Make plenty of mistakes.  I grew up believing that if I made a mistake that meant I was the mistake.  I was a wife and mother before I understand that this belief I carried with me was a myth - an inaccuracy of major proportions.  No one person on this Earth is perfect, we are designed to evolve.  So, do just that - evolve with learning.   If we are capable of accepting our own mistakes then we can accept the mistakes of others with empathy and acceptance.

Aim high and reach for the stars.  There are no limits in this world except the limits we place on ourselves.  Think big, visualize what it is you want, and make it happen.  You do not have to take the traditional path.  My dream for you is to have the bravery to take a chance.... and then to take another chance...and then another chance.  People who are successful in this world are not so without having taken a few chances or having had failed.  So, fail.  Your greatest success could come from your greatest failure.

Family.  The greatest thing I have ever done with my life is be a mother.  I hope that you will one day feel the love for your own son or daughter that I have for all of my children.  I am a blessed woman.

Lilly, I love you with all that is my mind, my heart, my body, and my soul.  I am privileged and proud to call you daughter.

Love,

Your Mama 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment