Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Liberate Yourself! ....with a recipe

I HATE it when people talk about cheating.  Why does the term "cheating" always have to be associated with dieting?  I have heard it all, "I have to cheat to succeed" and "I cheated today so I might as well eat whatever I want now."  First of all - STOP dieting and start living.  Diets are signified by a beginning and an end.   Dieting is based solely on failure and success.  If I diet to lose 20 pounds and I only lose 15, am I a failure? Believe it or not, when you're the dieter - most often the answer you tell yourself is YES.  So, the retort is easy - stop dieting and you stop being a failure. 

Choose to live a healthy lifestyle instead.  A healthy lifestyle is a way of being.  It is infinite with no beginning and no end.  Living healthy signifies that you have a genuine respect for your whole self: body, mind, and spirit.  It allows for movement, flexability, and most importantly - choice.

Don't be afraid to live.  Not allowing yourself to live, and to live healthy, is the only cheating I will recognize.

In celebration of your choice to shed the diet and to live healthy I am going to give you a tasty recipe to try.  Have fun, enjoy, and liberate yourself once and for all!

Savory Sea Scallops with Simmered Apples
Sea Scallops (1 lbs. or more)
Fresh Sage (1 leaf per scallop or more... I like more)
Unsalted Butter (around 1/2 stick.... You can use much less though)
EVOO (enough to coat pan)
Sea Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
Proscuitto (your choice - wrap scallop or chop and cook sep)
Golden Delicious Apples - peeled, cored, coarsley chopped (about 4 cups per 1 lbs of scallops)

Lightly coat a skillet with EVOO and unsalted butter.  Add the fresh sage and cook for a few minutes.  Remove and place on paper towel.  Add chopped proscuitto to the pan, let it crisp up some.  Salt and pepper the scallops and add to the pan and cook.  Here, I remove the scallops/proscuitto when done and cook the apples separate adding a touch more butter.  I crumble some sage back in and simmer with the apples. When the apples are good and simmered add the apples to the scallops & the rest of the sage and serve. 

You can choose to add the apples to the scallops and cook together with a touch more butter. Add sage when done and serve.

ENJOY!!!!!     

2 comments:

  1. This sounds amazing!!! I cannot wait to try it. I am a pretty picky eater and I was thrilled to read the recipe and like everything in it!! I just found a website called www.skinnytaste.com. It seems like there are lots of good recipes on there too. I love being a meltaway mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kelly, I am so glad that you are a meltaway mom too. It can be so hard sometimes to let go of the traditional methods of weight management.... deprivation and humility.... for more liberal and healthy ones. Be proud!

    ReplyDelete