Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Confession Time

I have a confession...... I got sidetracked and stopped paying attention to me.  The consequence..... I gained weight.   Not a little bit.  A LOT!   I can no longer hide.  I am holding myself accountable.  


I guess I should provide an update since 6 years has gone by since my last post .......

1.  Brent and I are a consciously-uncoupled which is a fancy way of saying we are better friends and parents than spouses to one another.  

2.  My son Noah is now 13 and entering the 8th grade and my daughter Lilly is 10 and entering the 3rd grade.

3.  I have returned to small town living and have a beautiful overly tattooed man named Jake in my life.

4.  I continue to work for the same school district supporting schools, students, and families with their special needs.

5.  And as I stated earlier I have gained weight. 

Important to note.... Woven around and between numbers 1 and 4 that led to #5 are the not so pretty things that almost broke me.  Toxicity oozed into my wounds and slowly tried to suffocate me.  In future posts I will use my humor ('cuz I'm hysterical) to unpack the reasons behind my weight gain.  For example, I will share my experiences with Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD) and the toll it takes on your mental, emotional, and physical health as well as the health of the people who love you.  I will also share how LOVE makes me food drunk!

Here it goes...... I have gained 50 pounds.  No more head in the sand.  I had NO IDEA I gained this much weight until I walked back into Jenny Craig and stepped on the scale.  I almost shit myself!  


Day 1 done.  





  

1 comment: